Re: tlug: X ical backend on offer

On 17 Sep 1998, Frank Bennett wrote:

> wondering whether the developer might be interested in tying this
> up with the calendar package for LaTeX2e, which I've written.

<big snip>

> Anyway, does anyone think such a marriage would be worth the
> candle?

Great minds think alike :-)  Kind of, anyway.  Your mind seems to be
greater than mine, since I was just thinking that ical needs some i18n and
needs to big hooked up with Kinput2, since a desktop calendar that only
does English may be of rather limited utility to a great many of the
people who buy TurboLinux-J.  The lack of it makes the little Sagawa
Kyuubin paper calender on my desk the first place I jot notes, rather than
ical, which I hardly ever use.

I probably wouldn't use a lot of the features you mentioned, having never
owned or even considered buying a Daytimer in my whole life, but I bet a
lot of people would.  I could certainly use an ical that did Japanese.
It's a great app even as it stands, it just has a language problem :-)

Cheers,

Jonathan