Re: tlug: world clock

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Tim Meggs wrote:

> Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 21:23:49 +0900 (JST)
> rom: Jim Schweizer <schweiz@example.com>
> Subject: tlug: world clock
>
> > Years ago, on an OS far far away I had a shareware GUI world clock that
> > would give me times in 10 different cities around the world. Has anyone
> > seen  anything like this for Linux?
>
> Not that it probably helps you much, but of the world clock progs i've used
> (not that many) on Mac and Win, TimePalette for the Mac was the best IMHO.
> If you have access to a Mac it might be worth having a look at for ideas.   It
> lets you set up a palette with as many locations as you like and has optional
> night/day shaded world map.
>
> Brief blurb on the latest(??) ver at:
> http://micros.hensa.ac.uk/mirrors/info-mac/per/_Info-Mac_Digest/infomacv16-98.txt
>
> Disclaimer:  I haven't seen the latest version.   I the one I saw was a few
> years old.

PS - I remember that one of the driving forces behind this thread was,
"Xearth uses too many colors..."

try 'xearth -ncolors x'  where x is the max # of colors xearth may use.

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)