tlug: Aiwa PV-JE3610 modem/ethernet adapter

Andrew S. Howell writes:

 > Hello,
 >
 > 	After upgrading the BIOS to support a new hard drive in my
 > ThinkPad 760/EL, I finally got TL 2.0j running. The Turbo install made
 > it all quite painless. Thanks Scott & Co.
 >
 > The next step is getting it talking to the rest of the world. I have a
 > Aiwa PV-JE3610 modem/ethernet PCMCIA card that I would like to
 > use. Does anyone know where I can get a driver for this? I searched
 > around the web, but couldn't find anything. I have serious doubts that
 > such a beast exists...
 >
 > If not, I'm open to suggestions as to a good card to get. I know a3Com
 > Etherlink III will work, but if there is something cheaper that works,
 > I'd rather save my money.
 >
 > Thanks for your help.
 >
 > Andy
Take a look at
http://hyper.stanford.edu/~dhinds/pcmcia/SUPPORTED.CARDS
There you can find all the known supported cards. The cheapest would
be to get a ne2000 compatible card. Maybe the Aiwa is ne2000
compatible. In that case you have to edit the /etc/pcmcia/config file
so that the card is recognized. The PCMCIA-HOWTO that comes with the
pcmcia-cs package explains how to do that. It can also be found at
http://hyper.stanford.edu/HyperNews/get/pcmcia/home.html

Hope that helps

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
Department of Physics    | $B")(B $B#2#7#4!<#8#5#1#0(B
Toho University          | $B@example.com)A%66;T;0;3#2!<#2!<#1(B
Miyama 2-2-1, Funabashi, | $BElK.Bg3X(B  $BM}3XIt(B  $BJ*M}(B
Chiba 274-8510           |
Japan			 |
e-mail : mocm@example.com