Re: tlug: Aiwa PV-JE3610 modem/ethernet adapter

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	After upgrading the BIOS to support a new hard drive in my
> ThinkPad 760/EL, I finally got TL 2.0j running. The Turbo install made
> it all quite painless. Thanks Scott & Co.
>
> The next step is getting it talking to the rest of the world. I have a
> Aiwa PV-JE3610 modem/ethernet PCMCIA card that I would like to
> use. Does anyone know where I can get a driver for this? I searched
> around the web, but couldn't find anything. I have serious doubts that
> such a beast exists...
>
> If not, I'm open to suggestions as to a good card to get. I know a3Com
> Etherlink III will work, but if there is something cheaper that works,
> I'd rather save my money.

most ether/modem combo cards don't seem to be supported by linux's
pcmcia-cs.  I know the 3com one works, at least the 563 does, but I can't
find that one for sale anymore..

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)