tlug: ftp server site exec

    Scott> How do you set up 'site exec' on an FTP server?  for
    Scott> example, I want to be able to:

    Scott> site exec locate perl

    Scott> from my FTP client...

    Scott> I put 'locate' in ~ftp/bin, but that doesn't seem to do the
    Scott> trick.

Depends on which server you're using.  I think for wu-ftpd derivatives
you also need to enable `site exec' in the /etc/ftpaccess file or
whatever it's called.

Also make sure the permissions are OK, the binary needs to be
world-executable and probably may not be a symlink.

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091