Re: tlug: Any TLUGgers interested in Go?

On Wed, Sep 16, 1998 at 12:09:51PM +0900, Scott Stone wrote:

> If we're going to do this, we'll have to move the tlug server up to the
> 10mb coloc at PSInet.  Probably late next week sometime would be the
> earliest we can do it.

I doubt we'll have too many simultaneous users.  Wouldn't think
bandwidth would be a problem.  10mbps?!!  That's an ethernet!

Sheesh, the bandwidth requirements are similar to a telnet login session
(telnet is actually the lowest-common-denominator client, and the one
with the highest bandwidth requirements).  I'd think a 64Kbps ISDN link
would be sufficient bandwidth for a half dozen simultaneous users.

I wasn't thinking about announcing the presence of the server outside of
this list.

> The only thing that I'm worried about is physical space over there - I'm
> not sure we have enough.
>
> Rex - if you'll mail me (privately) the NNGS source code I can set up a
> testing server on one of my development boxes to see if we can get it up
> and running.

Source is at http://nngs.cosmic.org/src/ -- you'll need the README file
as well.  I had to hack out all the -traditional stuff in the makefile
to get it to compile, but other than that no problems (lots of warnings
though).

> So what do we call it, "TLUGGS" ?

Works for me.

Regards,