Re: tlug: Samba Printing from NT

    Rob> Thanks a lot Andrew.  That was exactly the problem.  When I
    Rob> got your e-mail I had narrowed the cause down to Service Pack
    Rob> 3, but I had no idea how to solve it.

I was bitten by this a while back, after "upgrading" to SP3. There is
a reference to the MS article in FAQ on the Samba home page, but MS
moved things around, so the link is no longer valid. Someone here just
installed sp3 the other day, and of course could not connect. It took
me awhile to find the article, so I happened to have a printed copy on
my desk. Glad it was of help.

    Rob> On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Andrew S. Howell wrote:

    >> 2) From the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE subtree, go to the following
    >> key:
    >>
    >> \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters

    Rob> You know Windows is so easy to understand.  I have no idea
    Rob> what I couldn't think of this.

I know, lets make a system thats impossible to understand and
maintain. We'll make every system function depend a GUI app to
control it. Of course we won't provide any command line interface,
because that would make it too easy for someone automate system
administration tasks. Oh yes, one last thing, lets put all the
critical system information in a central registry, and not allow
access to it a normal file. We don't want to make it easy to backup
after all.

Arrrggg.

Andy