Re: tlug: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Scott Stone <sstone@example.com>

>you'll probably have to specify options for io and irq on that one.
I'm
>not sure if Linux kernel modules can autodetect EISA stuff very well.

Thanks, I'll try that, and see what happens.

>I don't believe that SCSI emu is the answer.  I'm not sure if Linux
even
>supports ATAPI CDRW drives, though. SCSI is the way to go.

I figured out how to get the drive, to work, and it is now funtioning
perfectly..... Here is the steps I followed in case anyone is
intrested...

1)Upgrade to kernel 2.0.35
2)Recompile kernel with SCSI emulation and Generic SCSI devices enabled.
3)modifiy my lilo.conf to include the line 'append="hdd=ide-scsi"'
4)Rebooted
5)Installed xcdroast

The drive seems to be functioning perfectly for now.  I seriously
considered obtaining the SCSI version but since it would have costed me
another 10,000 for a PCI SCSI card, I got the ATAPI version instead.
The Richo6200A is most likely the cheapest CD-RW on the market at 40,000
and it has a slightly slow but still descent 6x read/2x write speed.

Thanks,
Austin Kurahone