tlug: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh, Hi guys,

Sorry for my non presence on the list recently, but I got school.

Anyway, I am trying to install Redhat 5.1 onto a Compaq Prosignia,
and it refuses to recognise its NCR53c710 on-board EISA SCSI card..
I was wondering if anyone has any experience on how to get it to work?

Also I recently obtained a RICHO 6200A(ATAPI) CD-RW drive, and since,
I got it in japan, it doen't come with any english CD-R software. I am
using stock Redhat 5.1 (2.0.34) and cdrecord refuses to recognise my
drive.  I recompiled my kernel to support SCSI emulation, but it doen't
detect my drive on boot(it says that it is an ATAPI).  I will
appriciate any help in solving this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Austin Kurahone

PS:
by the way I am trying to use cdrecord 1.6.1a3