Re: tlug: Re: Deskjet 720C: what driver ?

From: "Eric S. Standlee" <fwiw3980@example.com>
Subject: tlug: Re: Deskjet 720C: what driver ?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 10:05:23 +0900 (JST)

> By "all HP printers" does that mean that I can use my 820Cse under Linux
> now?

Free driver available.   I'm using it with 722c, doc, specifically
mentions support for 820c.   BW support now at the current time.
no color. http://www.rpi.edu/~normat/technical/ppa/software.html

I'm using it from Linux to print to a NT machine using samba
and a small script.  Kicks butt.

--

This software creates output using the PPA (printer performance
architecture) protocol.  This protocol is used by some HP "Windows-only"

More Info
---------
        For full information on the PPA protocol and this software,
visit http://www.rpi.edu/~normat/technical/ppa/

-- Craig