Re: tlug: lynx/mime for rpms

On Sat, 12 Sep 1998, Eric S. Standlee wrote:

>the d/l links and after d/l'ing the kernel source lynx said that there was
>no "player" or something like that for "rpm" files.

I'm not sure how to get around that in Lynx, but in Netscape you would do a
shift-click on the file you want to download.  This is kind of known problem
with downloading .rpm files.  They have the same extension as something else
(Real Audio files, I think) and your browser decides what to do with a file
based on its extension.  Doing a shift-click in Netscape overrides its notions
about what to do with the file and tells it to just download it.

There is probably a similar work-around in Lynx.  I'm sorry I  don't know what
it is, but maybe this will at least give you something to go on.

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>