tlug: DELL: Support Linux (fwd)

Eric S. Standlee
Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
e-w.standlee@example.com
fwiw3980@example.com <default>

More good news for Linux supporters:
INTERACTIVE magazine VOL 5 NO 34 SEPT 7, 1998
addition cover page article "Linux Gets Thumbs Up
>From Dell".  Dell computer systems has been shipping
Linux on it's "built-to-order-systems". While there
are currently 46 resellers in 10 countries doing
this, Dell is the 1st front-runner to do so. The
article goes on to mention that Computer Associates
International, Informix Corp., Oracle Corp., and
Netscape Corp., all have pronounced their support
for Linux. (Note this is the 2nd cover-article on growing
Linux popularity featured by InterActive in the past
month.)

On top of that we have others like StarDivision, Gmbh,
Germany (StarOffice), Corel, and rumors and
articles about IBM getting interested. (InterActive has
another article on page 8 "IBM Puts Global Network Up
for Sale" so they can focus on SW Services and give up
the HW/communication support.) I believe the last addition
of Computerworld has the IBM article I mention.

:-)