tlug: Re: Price of Applix [2]

Jonathan wrote:

> <PREACH>
> Please note:  this is a copy provided to us for demonstration purposes
> and should not be treated as a freebie.  If you try it and like it,
> please buy it. Quality commercial desktop software (or indeed any at
> all) for Linux is a rare, new, and IMO GoodThang (TM) (Your Opinion May
> Vary).  If no one buys it, it will also become a short-lived thing, so I
> hope that we will all do our part to support Linux vendors if we like
> and use their products.
> </PREACH>

Amen :-)  I am proud to admit that I paid full price for the Applix
package that we have in the library (and WP as well, which I'm planning
to put in the library at the next meeting).   Companies like Corel that
go out on a limb with a linux port deserve what they are charging.

-Joe.

Joe Marchak
joem@example.com