Re: tlug: Re: Price of Applix and WP (or plugging the TLUG library)

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Thomas Joseph Haslam wrote:

>The TLUG library has a copy of Applix (nominally for Redhat, but will run
>on any fairly recent version of XWindows) that you can borrow and install;

<PREACH>
Please note:  this is a copy provided to us for demonstration purposes and
should not be treated as a freebie.  If you try it and like it, please buy it.
Quality commercial desktop software (or indeed any at all) for Linux is a
rare, new, and IMO GoodThang (TM) (Your Opinion May Vary).  If no one buys it,
it will also become a short-lived thing, so I hope that we will all do our
part to support Linux vendors if we like and use their products.
</PREACH>

I can't bring it to the nomikai because we keep all the materials at HSBC, but
perhaps Joe can be persuaded to do it :-)

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>