tlug: Re: Price of Applix and WP (or plugging the TLUG library)

At 11:40 PM 09/08/98 +0900, Eric Standlee wrote:
>How much are either WP or Applix?
>Just wondering?

The TLUG library has a copy of Applix (nominally for Redhat, but will run
on any fairly recent version of XWindows) that you can borrow and install;
I believe that the Applix -J version is also available.  Price?  Your fare
to the next TLUG meeting and back.  The librarian is Jonathan Byrne, him of
the many posts.  Perhaps if you're attending the Nomikai, he would haul it
there for you (good of me to volunteer him!); or perhaps not.  Why not mail
him and ask.

As for WP, a demo/lite version is downloadable for free and/but also
available in the TLUG library as Redhat 5.1 bundles it on a third
applications CD (obviously, the TLUG library also has Redhat 5.1).

Otherwise, Applixware goes for about $100 US/yen 14,000 (unless you want
the developer's version: bigger bucks).  WP, no idea.  For what it's worth,
I use Applixware and really like it.

Best with all the sense and nonsense,
TJH