Re: tlug: Re: NT offers

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Eric S. Standlee wrote:

> How much are either WP or Applix?
>
> Just wondering?

The Japanese one that we sell goes for (MSRP) 29000 yen.  It's a bit less
than that as a 'street price', though.  It supports Japanese input,
though, and works in either English or Japanese, so it's probably a good
thing for you.  It works with kinput2.

> Eric S. Standlee
> Kashihara City, Nara Prefecture, Japan
> e-w.standlee@example.com
> fwiw3980@example.com <default>
>
> On Tue, 8 Sep 1998, Joe Marchak wrote:
>

> > Andy wrote:
> > > Anyway, I like to get away from this excuse of an OS as much as
> > > possible, but unfortunately still need it for Word and some of our own
> > > apps.
> >
> > I found a way around the Word problem - I wrote a perl script that
> > strips most of the filler in Word 7 files (almost all of the file)
> > and leaves the text.  Then I can import it into either Applix or Corel WP,
> > which can then tranlate back into Word 6 if I have to send it to someone
> > in M$-land.   If you want to try out WP for linux or Applix, I can
> > bring them to the next meeting.
> >
> > -Joe
> >

> > Joe Marchak
> > joem@example.com

> > Next Nomikai: 18 September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> > Next Meeting: 10 October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30
> > Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp

> Next Nomikai: 18 September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Next Meeting: 10 October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30
> Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)