Debian Install program [ was Re: tlug: CDRom Burner & Debian 2.0 distribution]

    Craig> BTW, Debian 2.0 Hamm-JP is out, one of the few stable libc6
    Craig> Japanese distributions.

URL, please.  ftp://ftp2.linux.or.jp/pub/linux/debian-jp isn't even a
Debian distribution any more (it doesn't comply with the archive
structure).  Nor is it properly integrated with the main Debian-2.0
distribution.

As for "stable," upgrading the JP stuff has left me without a working
Linuxdoc-SGML and I had to nuke my entire TeX distribution including
teTeX to get Japanese TeX mostly working---but the fonts suddenly
turned ugly.

One gets the impression, as often happens, that Japanese hackers are
o-taku with little commitment to quality as perceived by outsiders.
Damn shame, I say.

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091