tlug: iso-2022-cjk-unix (Was: Solution, etc. etc.)

On Sep 7,  2:24pm, "Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:
} Subject: Solution (was Re: tlug: Emacs 20.2 and Japanese encoding )

>>     >> >iso-2022-cjk-unix
>>
>> This is probably actually ISO-2022-JP-2, an internationalized version
>> of ISO-2022-JP.

Ummm. I wonder if it doesn't refer to the X11 Compound Text version, which
has some subtle differneces from vanilla ISO-2022-JP (AKA "JIS"). I
haven't got my head around why they are different, but Gaspar Sinai
assures me they are, and in the "Encoding" menu in yudit he has both "JIS"
and "CTEXT_JA".

HTH

Jim

--
Jim Breen        School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Email: j.breen@example.com                Monash University