Re: tlug: mkisofs v1.12 -J option

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Kei Furuuchi wrote:

> Scott Stone writes:
>  > On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Kei Furuuchi wrote:
>  >
>  > > Have anyone used -J option when wrote a cdr and checked it with
>  > > Win95?
>  > >
>  > > Rgds,
>  > > Kei.
>  >
>  > yes - all the TurboLinux 2.0 J and USA CDs are burned with it.  We tested
>  > it under Win95 directly, and also by exporting it from a W95 box and doing
>  > an SMB install onto a test machine (which was the functionality that we
>  > were aiming for by doing -J in the first place).
>  >
> Thanks,
> It worked.
> Another question:
>
> 1) Do not -r and -J options conflict? As long as it is Linux version
> which supports J, it does not. But, what about other version which
> only supports -r?

then it's a moot point, because if it only supports -r, then by definition
it doesn't support -J, so it can't conflict.  the -r (isn't that iso long
filenames?) usually makes my images fail an isovfy, so I never use that.

> 2) Since my cdr drive is not supported in Linux. I use win95 program
> to write mkisofs image file into a medium. At the time, it seems it
> adds 11250 sectors beside the image. Is that a way it is with cdrecord
> or whatever it is used with Linux?

With a track-pad option, yes.  cdrecord usually turns it off.  And you're
sure the latest cdrecord doesn't support your CDR?

> Rgds,
> Kei.
> Next Nomikai: 18 September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Next Meeting: 10 October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30
> Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)