Re: tlug: Next Microsoft product...?

On Tue, 1 Sep 1998 14:05:48 +0900 (JST)
Scott Stone <sstone@example.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Chris Sekiya wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:
> >
> > > Even when my modem was a blazing 2400 bps model, I didn't think 28K was big
> > > ... is there a really bad bandwidth shortage in your office?  :-)
> >
> > Actually, there is a bit of a bottleneck.
> >
> > Would you believe that it takes me about twenty minutes to transfer a
> > three-meg file between my workstation (on the inside net) to my
> > "everything" server (on the outside net)?  True.
> >
> > Of course, not being a member of the networking group, I can't do anything
> > about it[1].
> >
> > -- Chris
> >
> > [1] In this case, "anything" equates to "redesign the entire network".
> >     Our network is not a product of poor design -- it is a product of no
> >     design.
>
> have your company hire you (again) as a consultant to fix it, maybe? :)
> Should be fun, if you have time.  I like configuring networks, especially
> if I have a strong person around to move heavy computer equipment for me
> :) -- back in our USA office a couple years ago we had a big German guy
> named Nik who used to help me with stuff like that.  This guy could lift a
> refrigerator without help... a *big*, USA-sized refrigerator.  And carry
> it, too.

That would be nice... :D  I remember that back home, one of my
fraternity brothers could carry two kegs of beer.. one on each shoulder
w/o any help... two *big*, USA sized kegs... :D  no doubt, he was always
the one who was sent out to get the beer... :D  of course, when setting
up the network, it might not be all that helpful...

---
Michael Chiu
mchiu@example.com
ICQ: 5850128