Re: tlug: Now, ain't this really odd??!!

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

 > In particular, put that address in /etc/hosts.deny:
 >
 > ALL: 123.456.789.123
 >
 > or if it seems to be a LAN or PPP block, you could put the whole block
 > in /etc/hosts.deny:
 >
 > ALL: 123.456.789.123/255.255.255.0

Hmm ... Steve knows a lot more about sys-adminning than I do, but why
not put

ALL: ALL

in /etc/hosts.deny, then specify a few friendly hosts in
/etc/hosts.allow? Unless it's important for people to be able to
telnet you as soon as you make their acquaintance on IRC.

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido