tlug: Netscape and RH5.0

Hullo All,

I have rejoined the TLUG list after quite a break, because I am
bringing up RH5.0 on a notebook, with the intention of it being my main
workstation. The Japanese environment I use (kterm, jstevie, xjdic, etc.)
is fine, but I have struck one major problem.

When I run Netscape and either try and set the View/Encoding to Japanese,
or try to read a page with <META http-equiv=... charset=x-euc-jp...>,
xdm aborts with a message saying: "Fatal Server Error: Caught signal 11.
Server aborting"

Just in case it was a problem with the version of Netscape, I loaded the
latest (4.06), but  it makes no change. This Netscape version works fine
under Solaris & Windows9.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Any experience with this problem?

Fingers crossed.

Jim

--
Jim Breen        School of Computer Science & Software Engineering
Email: j.breen@example.com                Monash University