tlug: Colour problem on warm days with NotePC

This is probably not a directly Linux-related question, but
more sort of a general hardware problem.  I know observed on
two different NotePCs that, on starting X, the colour map or
so is wrong, or somehow some colours are displayed wrong on
the whole screen.  It seems that this only happens on warm
summer days and both machines have been Sony VAIO machines.
Interestingly, if you leave X and start it again, the
problem is gone, which I find quite strange - as if
something goes wrong during initialization.

Did anybody make a similar observation with Sony NotePCs or
any other NotePCs?

*puzzled*

Manuel