Re: tlug: PJE

> What do you use that machine for?  I find that I can go for about a year
> before a resintall starts getting necessary.  I'm at 7 months with one crash
> on my K6-166 with Windows 95-J, build 950A.  That crash was caused by the
> infamous Internet Phone, which I can't live with but can't live without,
> either :-(

Hmm... my home PC is used for a lot of experimenting I guess... at least
networking stuff together with Linux and general study of TCP/IP and how
it interacts with a Windows environment... but I think the real wear and
tear to the desktop, and also probably one of the biggest reasons I
still can't let go of my Windows PC are the games... and with each game
coming out with bigger and better stuff, I can't win... they eat up
almost all of my system resources, I can't do any kind of multitasking,
or have anything running in the background, or I will miss that one
millisecond which will cause me to die... :(  Unfortunately, Linux
doesn't carry half of the games I like to play... actually, Linux has
got Quake and Doom, both of which make me noxious to an extent... I
guess there are some games which I should take a look at, but in the
end, I am still hopelessly stuck playing the real time strategy games
(ie Starcraft) and that GTA... :D

> >but I think you guys are crazy for not using uninstallers in your
> >Windows boxes... your HDD will fill up way too fast if you don't...
>
> I do use one from time to time, but it's not very good.  Gotta buy a better
> one someday.  Anyway, my 3.2 GB disk is still only half full, so . . . :-)

hmm... I use CleanSweep... seems to do the job for me on my note
computer... which incidentally, I haven't formatted yet... but for my
work computers, I tend to format c: about once a year... but I also
don't install a lot of garbage onto them either... :D