tlug: Linux heir apparent?

I have a strange question - who's the 'heir apparent' to Linus?  ie, he
owns the trademarks either fully or jointly in most countries, and he's
responsible for the main kernel development.  If he were to, say fall over
the guard rail at the zoo and get pecked to death by a mob of emperor
penguins (just an example), who would take his place?  I would hope that
it would continue in the 'benevolent dictator' model that Linus follows,
not the 'bickering anticonsensus' that other groups (like the LSB until
recently) was following.  Any thoughts on this?

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)