tlug: Linux as Trade Mark?

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:

 > I can understand them being pissed about the lack of prior
 > consultation (this is, after all, Japan), but as long as it's true
 > that Linus owns the mark, the rest is balderdash.  What would they
 > have said, anyway, "No, JLUG should own that mark"?

They say it should be owned by a non-profit organization along the
lines of Linux International (which I'd never heard of before) ... and
that they were discussing establishing just such an organization
... and that PHT was (or maybe just should have been) aware that they were doing so.

By the way, I'm not trying to take sides in this debate ... just
saying what I see.

Matt Gushee
Oshamanbe, Hokkaido