Re: tlug: Taipei's Akihabara

> Ahh... I see you have made it out to my favorite "night market" in
> Taiwan... Kwang Hwa San Tsan (sp?)... it's also a favorite place and a
> famous place for bootleggers?  hmm... but I guess it would be difficult
> with most versions of Linux... :D

Hmm,... don't laugh -- but in Sim Lim Towers in Singapore (the "Akiba"
of Japan shrunk into 2 or 3 buildings) I've seen *pirated* versions of
Linux!! The shopkeeper apparently have no clue what the heck it is but
it's being sold alongside a whole jumble of pirated Microslop
applications. The cover even had a tag that looks something like :
"This copy -- $60, contains thousands of dollars worth of *commercial*
software!". And all it bundled was a really really old version of Slackware.
Man! I had such a good laugh. Too bad I don't remember the exact claim on
the CD-box. It was funnier than that....

Later...
Chiew