tlug: Turbo-Linux

    Scott> As I still haven't gotten my laptop fully working, and I'd
    Scott> really like a functional install for my trip to the US this
    Scott> friday...

If you are going to be using a "global roaming" (GRIC, iPASS) setup
for PPP when you're on the road, make sure that PPP works with
out-of-band logins (ie, you get a "username" prompt, not PPP goulash,
after the modem connection).  TL doesn't do that well in my
experience.  Working it out when you don't necessarily have a net
connection (several of my sibs use either AOHell or heavily firewalled
corporate email) isn't pleasant.

This seems to be a random function of just how you tell turbopppcfg to
set up your PPP, but I don't know the details yet.

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091
Next Meeting: October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30