Re: tlug: Taipei's Akihabara

> Yup, but all we are interested are those small shops with pc parts,
> CD-ROMs and Ayashige goods, and are not interested in visiting Laox
> or Rocket or Yamagiwa there, are we?

ah.... that's true... but I still feel Akiba has a ton more of those
small shops compared to Kwan Hwa San Tsan...

> BTW there is T-Zone next to Lai Lai Sheraton, and Computer-Kan
> affiliate in front of World Trade Center.

yup... I noticed that too last time I was there (the T-Zone part)... but
my friends all told me that it was too expensive...  all my Japanese
friends in the Silicon Valley tell me that they prefer Fry's Electronics
over T-Zone... (for those not of the Silicon Valley, Fry's Electronics
is like Akiba in minature, and under one roof, but has a reputation of
providing the worst customer service... T-Zone USA is just a step ahead
of them in providing lousy service it seems)
Next Meeting: October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30