Re: tlug: gratitude

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, SHUDO Daisuke wrote:

> > You'll want to also get the XBF-Neomagic X server for that notebook, or X
> > won't work.. Available from ftp.turbolinux.com, ftp.pht.co.jp, and
> > ftp.redhat.com.  On the turbolinux/pht servers, it's in the RPMs directory
> > of TL 2.0 USA.  If you didn't install TL or RH, use rpm2cpio to extract
> > the files from the RPM package...
>
> Thank you for information.
> It seems that I have to study more about Linux...
> My CD-ROM drive couldn't be recognized by installer disk,
> so it's not available to install Turbo Linux.

Which version of TL?  Sometimes older kernels don't like newer CD-ROM
drives.  I remember, just as an example, that we had a couple of 24x
drives that 2.0.30 would not talk to, but .31 and above would.  So if
you're trying to install TL 1.0, that might be the problem.  Otherwise,
... what kind of CD-ROM drive is that?

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

Next Meeting: October, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30