RE: tlug: Wine

On 07-Aug-98 Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:
>  If attempting to run Paintshop Pro 5 under wine gets me a bunch of
>  messages like this, does that mean it's hopeless, or do some of the
>  wine-literate out there know ways to fix this stuff?
>
>  My wine version is the wine-971221 RPM from TurboLinux.  Is there a
>  newer version of wine than this now available?

Good lord yes - that's ancient history you've got there :)

A new wine release is almost invariably released every second sunday,
with diffs of 300k up to (sometimes) 1.3M. Various people have been
known to contribute prebuilt packages - they should be linked on
www.winehq.com

To the question, I can't get PSP5 to run straight off here, but it
does get to drawing the main window and initial flash before death
so perhaps it's not that far off now. With the usual pace of change it
may be worth keeping up; the next new release should be this weekend.

Cheers,
-Matt.

"The results of this intrusion into your life will be used 'responsibly'
in ways you cannot even begin to imagine. Of course, the innocent have
nothing to fear from the rapidly expanding data industry."
 - Radiohead, Airbag/How Am I Driving?

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: