Re: tlug: SCO package format

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Austin Kurahone wrote:

>I check out SCO's "Free" products page, and according to them, they say
>that it is not practical
>to download such large quantities of data,so it is not possible to FTP
>it :-(.  The only way for me
>to get my "Free" SCO software is to pay them $20 +S&H inorder for them

I'm sure they aren't lying about the size of the download.  After all,
doing a Linux install over FTP would probably take a few days on a
dial-up connection :-)

20 bucks isn't bad, though.  Think of it this way: you pay more than
that for a Linux distribution.

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>