Re: tlug: Strange headers from TLUG server?

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Jim Tittsler wrote:

>I wonder if it is releated to geocities POP server and/or Pine.  I have a

It's the other way around, actually.  My Geocities may is fine.  It's
the mail going to my TLUG account that is having the problem.  I'm going
to try running fetchmail from the command line tonight and see if that
helps.  But if it has no problem with the stuff from Geocities but does
with the stuff from my TLUG account, could that suggest any problem with
the sendmail on the TLUG server?

>friend in Singapore that had to hack fetchmail to get it to work correctly
>with geocities.  He was having trouble with the headers getting split and
>some of them turning up in the message body.  It sounds like Pine has the
>opposite problem.  Sooooo.... I wonder which is right....

That does seem to be what's happening.  All mail that goes through my
TLUG account winds up with the headers all dumped into the message body,
and Pine doesn't seem to be able to extract anything but the Sender and
Reply-To info and the date.  It can't get the subject info at all.  Is
that the same problem your friend in Singapore saw?

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>
3Web Channel <URL: http://www.3web.co.jp/>