Re: tlug: Caldera NetWare for Linux

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

> On news.com today, I read an article that said Caldera is releasing
> NetWare for Linux 1.0, which supplies NetWare file, print, and
> directory services under Linux.  But doesn't Linux already do all that
> stuff with Open Source?

There's a package called 'mars-nwe' that comes with some distributions,
including TurboLinux, that attempts to do it, yes.  But, having tried it
myself, it doesn't do it very WELL.

Netware stuff is old news, though, mostly.  I doubt that many people are
still installing new netware IPX networks...

> URL:http://www.news.com/News/Item/0%2C4%2C24821%2C00.html?dd.ne.tx.fs
>
> Jonathan Byrne
> Media and Content Section
> 3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>
> 3Web Channel <URL: http://www.3web.co.jp/>

> Next Meeting: 8 August, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30
> featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
> i386, Sparc, PA-Risc, Amiga, SGI, Alpha, PalmPilot, ...
> Next Nomikai: 18 September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp

               <sstone@example.com>
Head of TurboLinux Development/Systems Administrator
Pacific HiTech, Inc (USA) / Pacific HiTech, KK (Japan)

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: