tlug: Re: August 8th Meeting Announcement (revised 19980731)

    >> It is not a good idea to include the "jive" translation.  I for
    >> one find it offensive

This message desperately needs a period and a .sig right here.  This
is more than sufficient in polite company, which the TLUG list, in
fact, is.[1]

    >> and I certainly hope I am not the only
    >> one.  I understand that there may have been no malicious
    >> intention to offend, but none the less that is the result.

Arrrgh.  Offense is by definition in the eye of the beholder.  You
cannot give offense to someone who won't take it.  A good thing too,
or I wouldn't have any friends.  (^^;

_I_ take offense at this judgemental attempt to impose one person's
standards (there may be others who were offended, but the message
implies the writer knew of none), and more so at the implicit insult
to the courtesy of the list at large.

I guess I'll be asked to resign from this list now....

Footnotes:
[1]  By the way, in case you don't recognize the fact that I believe
it appropriate to say you are offended when you are offended according
to your own standards, I mention it here.

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091

"And they'll know they never know which knife bears the poison."
Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: