Re: tlug: August 8th Meeting Announcment (revised)

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Jonathan Byrne - 3Web wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Rob Bickel wrote:
>
> >It is not a good idea to include the "jive" translation.  I for one find
> >it offensive and I certainly hope I am not the only one.  I understand
>
> I concur.  I think far fewer people would find it amusing if it were:
>
> 1) A filter that produced a parody of "Japanese English"
>
> 2) A filter that produced a parody of non-native Japanese

There exists (to my knowledge) filters that will convert english into
pseudo-German, and also into 'Swedish Chef'-ese (remember him from the
muppets?)  Not sure on the others.

> Regards,
>
> Jonathan Byrne
> Media and Content Section
> 3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>
> 3Web Channel <URL: http://www.3web.co.jp/>

> Next Meeting: 8 August, Tokyo Station Yaesu central gate 12:30
> featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
> i386, Sparc, PA-Risc, Amiga, SGI, Alpha, PalmPilot, ...
> Next Nomikai: 18 September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691
> Sponsor: PHT, makers of TurboLinux http://www.pht.co.jp

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: