Re: tlug: NO ROM Basic

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Jim Schweizer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What happens when an engineer who should buy NT walks out of the
> store with a Linux distribution instead?
>
> First the engineer tries to uninstall Windows, and the adventure
> begins :)
>
> http://tlug.linux.or.jp/~jims/no_rom_basic.html
>

> I found this at www.salonmagazine.com but it was so badly laid
> out and filled with useless stuff that I edited it and put it on
> the TLUG server.
>
> Another quiet weekend...
>
> Regards,
>
> Jim S.

This guy is a software engineering consultant, and he didn't bother to
even RTFM and find out that the Linux fdisk will happily destroy all the
windows partitions on the disk and wipe it out cleanly that way?

Sounds like he himself is a victim of what he's complaining about :)

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
Next Nomikai: September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691