Re: tlug: STB Velocity 3D and XFree 3.3.2

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:

> The probe kills the machine.

Faint bells are ringing in my mind -- this is beginning to sound like a
known problem.

I'll check my dev list archives when I return home tonight.

> Can I find out whether it probes or not?  If it probes, can I give it
> the value that it reports in the config file, to avoid future probes?

I don't think so.  It has to probe to see which video chipset it is
talking with.  No way to hardcode that, I think.

> What is the patch about?

Security fixes, plus at least one driver fix (I seem to recall something
about virge, which is why the bells are ringing).  I'll find that out
tonight too.

-- Chris

featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
Next Nomikai: September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691