tlug: ibm.net with LINUX (Red Hat)

Hi All,

Is anyone succeededly connecting to IBM NET using Linux,
preferably Red Hat?  I think it is a simple PAP connection,
but trial fails every time.  I am using netcfg on Red Hat
4.2, kernel 2.0.34.  The same setting with another PAP
ISP works perfectly.  According to debug log, there is no
response from the server after :

pppd[481]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/modem

and

pppd[481]: LDP: timeout sending Config-Requests
pppd[481]: Connection terminated.
pppd[481]: Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean:
pppd[481]: Problem: all had even prity
pppd[481]: Exit.

I would appreciate any suggestion.  IBM NET is one of the cheapest
globaly available dial-up ISP, and I would like to setup the connection
for my trips.  What I don't like is that I could smoothly connect to
it by Window$95 dial up network (PAP setting).

Regards,
Ken Harada (原田 健)   JO1VRK/JE3SEN    Hayama, japan
kenhrd@example.com       http://www.hayama.net/~kenhrd/
Member of: Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama (IMASY)
	   Tokyo Linux Users Group (TLUG)

featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
Next Nomikai: September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691