tlug: HTML editing

    Totoro> Anyone out there come across something that will do a
    Totoro> decent job of writing HTML lately?

I like PSGML under XEmacs myself.  With a little tweaking of some
variables to get the hooks to point to the right executables and data
directories, you can pick your flavor of SGML DTD, including about 20
variations on HTML, and get it validated by nsgmls.  It does
syntax-directed editing (ie, if you want to insert an element, you hit
C-c C-e and it will only allow you to put legal elements there, and
will do completion on those).  Lotsa menus too.

This has been available since forever; go to

ftp://ring.aist.go.jp/pub/text/xemacs/beta/xemacs-21/packages/binary-packages

and get the most recent PSGML package.  Then cd to the directory above
where all your emacs-lisp is installed (ie, lisp/ is a subdirectory of
this one) and untar it.

I believe the current PSGML package is backwards compatible to XEmacs
>= 20.3 and XEmacs >= 19.15.  I don't know to what extent it is
compatible with the FSF's version of Emacs.

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091
featuring Linux on multiple platforms:
Next Nomikai: September, 19:30 Tengu TokyoEkiMae 03-3275-3691