Re: tlug: humour: Win98 source code

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Tim Meggs wrote:

>I probably shouldn't fwd this to the list, but it made me chuckle this morn
>so I will .......

I saw this a few weeks ago, but it's always nice to read it again :-)

I don't buy this part, though:

>> >   {
>> >     set_wait_states(lots);
>> >     set_mouse(speed, very_slow);
>> >     set_mouse(action, jumpy);
>> >     set_mouse(reaction, sometimes);

If the mouse action on Linux (within my experience; YMMV) was twice as
good as it is now, it would still be only half as good as it is under
Windows 95.  Something I would dearly love to see get better, since
I would describe it very much as in the above code: jumpy at times
(especially when Netscape is involved; at which point it won't move
while pages are being loaded), slow, poor ballistics (increasing the
mouse speed results in erratic movement because of this), etc.  Is it
possible to improve mouse performance by increasing the execution
priority of GPM, and if so, how is that done?

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>