Re: tlug: Re: SCSI Floppies

> > Note that these are among the world's most expensive floppy drives. I
> > think we sold them for USD 2000!
>
> Is that how much you charged us for them ? : )   I'd better do a good
> job of saving them from being made redundant in that case.  These
> are really nice units, but we don't need them now and were about to
> dispose of some of them.  It would be cool to give them a new life
> under Linux.

Hmmm, I guess this is a little relevant... Does anybody own a Syjet
1.5GB SCSI drive here? (The "removable floppy" stuff)

I managed to mount the Syjet and reading and writing to it is fine (the
disk was pre-formatted as FAT). However, every single time I try to
format the disk as a linux partition with "mke2fs" it totally freezes up
Linux, and there is absolutely no way to revive Linux without hitting
the power switch. (I'm using RedHat 5.0 BTW, Future Domain SCSI card)
Kinda wierd...

Anybody has a clue what the problem is?

Thanks.

regards,