Re: tlug: TL2.0 - ISA NIC trouble

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Shigeo Honda wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed TurboLinux 2.0 Pro package into my PC. However ISA NIC (3com
> 3C509B) doesn't work at all. That NIC worked fine with RH5.1.
>
> (1) During Installation, installer recognized NIC as 3C509B, but It
> won't working after reboot.
>
> (2) I used X-window kernel module tool. Add parameter io=ox300 irq=5
> then push [use selection], I got error no 3C509B.
>
> (3) Next, I try text mode Plug and Play service. It recognize 3C509B, I
> entered parameter manually. I won't work, too.
>
> * 3C509B default was io=0x300, irq=10, I changed this setting with
> utility comes with NIC. I chose auto setup and changed to irq=5. And I
> disabled plug and play function.
>
> please drop me any comments and advice.

The 3c509 driver shouldn't need any settings to find the card if it's
still  on io=0x300.  If the installer found it, it was probing without any
options, so you should do that too.  What does your /etc/conf.modules look
like?

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: