tlug: XFree86 & Asus SP97-V mb

Hi all;

I'm just setting up a new unix box with an ASUS SP97-V motherboard.  The
board has a basic onboard vga chip - SiS 5598, which is not currently
supported by XFree86 (most likely not until the next revision, according
to the man pages).

Has anybode else set up XFree86 on one of these boards?  I've tried the
basic 'Unsupported VGA chipset', but to no avail.  Is there another
comparable chipset whose driver will work with the 5598 that anyone
knows about? Suggestions??

On a similar note, has anyone tried the Enlightenment window manager yet
(Scott asked about this last week as well);  their web site warns that
the code is still in the 'alpha' stages.... but it sure looks
interesting.

Sean
sean@example.com

Nnet / Nakamura Shoji Co. Ltd.