tlug: XEmacs mirrors in Japan at "ring.aist"

    Matt> Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
    >> YMMV, but these are probably faster than xemacs.org for
    >> non-SINET folks.

    Matt> XEmacs (as well as most other Linux things you might want
    Matt> except for JRPM and CTAN) is also mirrored at:

    Matt> ftp://sunsite.sut.ac.jp/

Hmm.  They have gotten better since the last time I visited.  I've had
all kinds of trouble (missing archives, directories not mounted,
broken gzips, you name it) besides the slows and the late mirrors.
The last two have been fixed, evidently, and I would guess so have the
troubles, too.  It's been nearly two years....

They obviously still haven't gotten the idea that you should notify
primaries when you make mirrors, though :-(

    Scott> How much disk space do they take?  Maybe I'll mirror it on
    Scott> ftp.pht.co.jp as soon as I get another hard disk up
    Scott> there.. :)

Full kit?  Probably a few GB.  The primary site keeps everything for
about 5 years back....

Institute of Policy and Planning Sciences        Tel/fax: +1 (298) 53-5091
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: