Re: tlug: TL 2.0 Released/Members Discount!

Cliff Miller writes:
 > >  > would be able to tell quite a few tales, but.... 'mounting' ??  what
 > > A monkey society needs to know and show who's the boss among
 >
 > Well, Scott and I both have pretty hairy arms, so I guess we're fairly
 > monkey-like, especially me with my long, long arms ($B<jD91n(B?)....
 >
 > Well, now for the serious side.
 >
 > I was attempting to apologize on behalf of PHT in case anyone on the
 > list might have been offended by advertising, and give Scott some
 > credit for being enthusiastic at the same time. (Gee, having an overly
 > enthusiastic employee is a problem that most employers love to have.)
 > At least one person seemed to take it the way I intended it. Some
 > didn't, in particular Scott -- I think we've worked that out.
 >
 > OK, so back to work now....
 >
 > Cliff

Having worked that out this far, I need to add why Scott is
right.
As far as I remember, tlug used to call itself non-profit
organization. Now it calls itself non-profit user group. And
it is better. If it is supposed to be non-profit
organization which is tax-exempt organization to which
contribution is also tax-deductible, PHT donates heavily to
tlug materially so the donation is well restricted and the
only benefit PHT is supposed to receive for the donation is
tax-deduction. Other thing like advertising on the mail list
may constitute breach of donation. So you might think
someone might be offended because he might think PHT was
freeriding the NPO. So far Japan never has law about NPO
never admit tax-exempt status for organization organized
somehow privately, so it is ok to call itself NPO, but still
it is misrepresentation. People like me who go by the book
take a while to understand it for what it really is: People
just having fun and toying around with the NPO thing. But, people
here are extremely capable so distinction between playing
and working is so blur. But, people like Scott understand
the nature of tlug immediately.
So I think anything goes with tlug as far as it is fun, And
if you felt deceived, it is your fault.

Regards,
Kei.
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: