Re: tlug: Keyboard glitch

>>In article <Pine.LNX.3.96LJ1.1b7.980708220832.8251F-100000@example.com>, Jonathan Byrne <jq@example.com> writes:

> Last night my keyboard came unplugged from my computer, and after I
> re-plugged it the key repeat rate seems really slow.  Is there any way to
> fix this without rebooting?  I don't to zero my uptime :-)

You will perhaps understand that I don't want to experiment with
unplugging my own keyboard to see if this works :-) but look into
xset.  Manpage says, in part, ...

       r       The r option controls the autorepeat.  If  a  pre-
               ceding  dash or the 'off' flag is used, autorepeat
               will be disabled.  If no parameters  or  the  'on'
               flag  is  used,  autorepeat will be enabled.  If a
               specific keycode  is  specified  as  a  parameter,
               autorepeat  for  that  keycode  is enabled or dis-
               abled.  If the server  supports  the  XFree86-Misc
               extension,  then a parameter of 'rate' is accepted
               and should be followed by one or two numeric  val-
               ues.  The first specifies the delay before autore-
               peat starts and the second  specifies  the  repeat
               rate.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@example.com
  PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F  ITAR license #4933
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: