Re: tlug: Redhat 5.1 question

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Thomas Joseph Haslam wrote:

> I'm having all kinds of problems installing RH 5.1 on a Gateway PII 333.
> It recongnizes the SCSI card I have installed, and it starts to format via
> (disk druid)the hard drive @ SCSI 0.  But then it crashes, usualy flashing
> <error 11> "abnormal exit of install"  [or as best as I can read the screen
> when this happens].  I've already had to "rawrite" a new boot disk from the
> Redhat CD , given that the factory one fried on a previous failure.
>
> Any helpful (or even positive) suggestions?

whee, segmentation fault :) (usually an 'error 11' means that, since 11 is
the signal number for segmentation fault...)

What kind of SCSI card do you have installed?  If their kernel doesn't
have the Adaptec driver patch installed, that could be causing the
trouble. (if you have an AHA2940 or similar card).

               <sstone@example.com>
Linux Developer/Systems Administrator for Pacific HiTech, Inc.

featuring Linux on multiple platforms: