Re: tlug: More Sparcstation progress

    Jonathan> On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Christopher Sekiya wrote:

    Jonathan> The 60,000 figure for the IPC is about right, I think.
    Jonathan> They had an SS5 (again, lightly loaded) for 118,000.  I
    Jonathan> don't remember about the SS2.  They also have an SS20 at
    Jonathan> 398,000 with 32 meg and a 420 hard drive, which is only
    Jonathan> 100,000 less than Plat'home charges for an Ultra5 with
    Jonathan> 64 meg and a 2 or gig disk.  Yet somehow, they manage to
    Jonathan> stay in business.

You might want to check out:

http://www.tky.3web.ne.jp/~jiin/store/ws.htm

I bought a EXEBYTE 8505XL tape drive from him, which I use for backup
at home. He has an IPX listed:

 15,000 Yen  32M/480MB/GX/

Seems to be quite knowledgeable. Though his warranties are very short,
we was quite will to refund my money for the tape drive, when there
was some confusion on my part as to whether it was a 8505XL or not.

Andy
featuring Linux on multiple platforms: