Re: tlug: [Q] Job Postings on List

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Masato Bud Uesu wrote:

>I'm extremely curious to know what kind of jobs are available in Japan now

Well, a couple weeks ago or so I posted a job listing here on behalf of
my employer, 3Web, for people to work in our network operations
section.  The positions are open to Japanese and foreigners with proper
visas (the usual thing about no tourist visas applies).  English ability
is not required for native Japanese speakers, but would probably be
considered a plus.  High intermediate to advanced Japanese skills are
required of non-native Japanese speakers; you will be working in a
Japanese-speaking environment and must be able to communicate
effectively in Japanese, including by telephone.  Openings exist in both
Tokyo and Osaka.

We're a UNIX shop, so a background in UNIX is highly desirable, and
knowledge/experience in TCP/IP networking.

We also have openings for support representatives.  These positions
require native or near-native Japanese ability.  English ability is not
required, but would be considered a plus.

See our Japanese web site for more info (like the one in my sig line,
but take off the index.en.html part).

Also, Asahi-Net recently posted an opening for a tech support rep on the
TLUG list.  Last week, I think.  Search the TLUG archive or check last
week's TLUG digests and I'm sure you'll find it.

Cheers,

Jonathan Byrne
Media and Content Section
3Web - Your Internet Solution! <URL:http://www.threeweb.ad.jp/index.en.html>